5 THINGS TO AVOID WHILE DRIVING
We all learnt basic driving rules some time ago. Yet, as witnessed by the countless dashboard camera videos posted all over social media, we tend to ignore the simplest rules while driving and often this leads to dreadful outcomes.
Remind yourself to avoid these things while driving, and you will be safe on the road.
- Tailgating. Driving too close to the car in front you is like setting yourself up for a car accident. Being in a situations with no room for maneuver is one of the worst things you can do. Thankfully, modern technology like #Goluk #dashcam can help you make sure you’re keeping a safe distance on the road.
- Assuming stuff about other drivers. Think drivers next to you are as competent and alert as you are? Well, think again. For all you know, they might be falling asleep or missing the ‘yield’ sign the exact same moment you decided to switch lanes or take a turn. Never assume a driver next to you knows what your next move will be, even if what you’re about to do is the most logical thing in the world.
- Calling mom. We all know phone calls to mom can get emotional sometimes for a number of reasons, but that’s not the point. Making phone calls to anyone, eating, applying make-up or just looking around while behind the steering wheel can be deadly. ‘Distracted driving’ is reported to be the number one cause of car accidents around the world. Multitasking can safe your day sometimes, but let’s not overdo it while driving.
- Braking hard. While sudden braking is sometimes necessary to prevent an accident, it’s better to see ahead and gradually start braking in advance. That will give the drivers behind enough time to see what you’re doing and react appropriately.
- Frequently changing lanes. Weaving on the road is not only dangerous but also inefficient. Many people forget that different lanes are designed to have different functions. The right lane usually has the smoothest traffic flow so stay in the right lane unless there is an obstacle in your way.