Troubleshooting Goluk Dashcam
We have concluded a list of problems and solutions for you to be able to troubleshoot Goluk dashcam on your own. Have a look!
#1. VIDEO AND/OR IMAGE FILES ON THE SD CARD ARE CORRUPTED
The first step to take is to format your SD card. It is recommended that you use a Samsung or Toshiba 32-64 GB SD card and format it before you assemble your Goluk dashcam for the first time. If you notice that all or some of your video files are corrupted, go ahead and format the SD card again. When you format the SD card, we suggest you choose the format: FAT 32.
Tips: please format your SD card monthly in case of existing broken file damages the camera.
If that doesn’t help…..
You need to bring in your analytical skills. Just kidding. But you DO need to examine your files in order to identify what causes the problem. You might notice several patterns in the way your files become corrupt:
- Every last file of the 3-minute video segment is corrupt. This can be easily identified by looking at the time stamp of your file. The name of every file ends with a time stamp. If you notice that there is a file corruption pattern every 3 minutes, it can mean 2 things:
- your dashcam is still connected to the power source when you take out your SD card and it fails to save the file properly. In this case, make sure you disconnect the camera from the power source when you take out your SD card and wait until you hear “Bye, Goluk”, indicating that the dashcam is OFF. Then safely take out the SD card.
- if you’re sure your dashcam is always OFF when you take out your SD card, there might also be a problem with your battery: it is either out of charge or broken. To check, take your Goluk home for the night and plug it in using a charging cable for 12 hours straight. If this doesn’t help and the files are still corrupted, your battery is down. Contact customer support (you can find the live chat window on the Home page of our website).
- All files are corrupted or there is no obvious pattern. If formatting the SD card didn’t cure the problem, your device is probably faulty. Just to be sure though… Contact customer support (you can find the live chat window on the Home page of our website) for more information, our engineers might be able to help!
#2. YOU ARE UNABLE TO SIGN-UP FOR AN ACCOUNT IN THE APP
First, please note that it is NOT necessary to sign-up for an account to use the app and save your videos. You would need to register the app only if you would like to share videos with Goluk’s video community. So, feel free to skip registration by taping X in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
If you are trying to sign up for a free Goluk account and you are not receiving the verification code. Do the following:
- Try and sign up with your Facebook account, that might be easier.
2. Contact Goluk service department (you can find the live chat window on the Home page of our website) and provide your phone number. We will tweak server settings to solve the problem!
3. Privacy concerns? Please don’t worry, we will soon release an update allowing users to register with a free email account!
#3. YOU’RE UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE APP VIA HOT SPOT (FOR ANDROID USERS)
This can happen due to 3 reasons:
- Your phone’s safety settings don’t allow it to create a hot spot. Please change your phone’s hotspot settings to allow all devices to connect. Make sure the hotspot you are working with is named Goluk_T1_xxxxx_s. Also, check your phone’s safety settings to make sure it allows Goluk to build a hot spot.
- Your mobile provider name is AT&T. In this case, you might not be able to connect via the mobile hotspot, please check with your mobile provider if that is the case.
- If neither of the above is true, do the following:
- Go to Settings -> More -> Cellular Networks -> Access Point Names
- Change “wap” to “net”
- If that doesn’t work, contact customer support for help (you can find the live chat window on the Home page of our website)
#4.YOU’RE UNABLE TO CONNECT TO THE APP VIA WLAN(FOR IPHONE USERS)
Can’t connect with Goluk app/ App always shows “Connecting”, doesn’t redirect to a next page.
Solution: Before pairing with Goluk app, please turn off Bluetooth, VPN, and WiFi assistance of your phone. If all these can’t help, please turn off Mobile Data. If you open these, the dashcam’s communication will go to a wrong way other than WiFi.
#5. YOUR GOLUK APP CRASHES
If your app crashed once or even several times, it is possible that the app has caught a bug. Please contact us (you can find the live chat window on the Home page of our website) with as many details as possible including:
- your system version
- approximate time when the app crashed
- app version number
This will allow us to fix the bug efficiently!
#6. YOUR SD/TF CARD WON’T POP OUT
Normally, you should be able to take out the SD card easily by slightly pressing on its edge.
Unfortunately, sometimes the SD card slots on new Goluk dashcams can be a bit tight. This doesn’t happen often but if it happened to your dashcam, please use a paper knife or a piece of sticky tape to take out the SD card (follow the steps shown in the video), then pop in and out again; repeat the steps several times. This should help loosen the spring in the SD card slot and get it to work normally.